Postdoc Opening in Machine Learning in Biomedicine
The University of Zurich together with the University Hospital of Zurich are embarking on a concerted effort to develop informatics programs to advance biomedical research and healthcare using cutting edge computational approaches. As part of these efforts, the newly created Chair of Medical Informatics will establish a research group that will investigate topics in clinical data science and translational bioinformatics, such as knowledge discovery from Big Data sources (Electronic Medical Record), development of Natural Language processing, information retrieval and extraction routines, as well as the analysis of human Omics data. The group is headed by Prof. Michael Krauthammer who is joining the University of Zurich after having led a research group in biomedical informatics at Yale University.
For this position, we are looking for motivated PostDoc candidates who are interested in applying their computational skills to medical as well as biological problems. One key goal is the building of predictive algorithms for guiding patient therapy across all disease stages. We offer an interdisciplinary research environment, the possibility to direct your own research and access to state-of-the-art computational resources infrastructure (further details are listed below).
- PhD degree in computer science (focused on machine learning), optimization, statistics, applied math or closely related discipline.
- Strong publication record with at least one first-author paper in top-tier conferences (such as NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, AISTATS, AAAI, ICLR, etc.)
- Proficient in Python and the scientific computing stack (SciPy, Numpy, Scikit- learn, pandas)
- Proficient in one of the deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow)
What we offer
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure (computational resources), clinical datasets and medical expertise domain-knowledge (excellent medical doctors and research scientists)
- Ability to make a real and tangible impact in healthcare research
- Solve real-world problems and improve hospital-related processes and workflow
- Stimulating research environment and a place to grow academically and professionally
- Outstanding working conditions at the University of Zurich (more details here ).
Applicants should submit their application via the posting on Nature Careers .
- Postdoc Opening in Machine Learning in Healthcare
- We are looking for Masters Students!
- AutoDiscern: Rating the Quality of Online Health Information with Hierarchical Encoder Attention-based Neural Networks
- Neural networks versus Logistic regression for 30 days all-cause readmission prediction
- 30 days All-Cause Readmission