Machine Learning NLP Engineer 80-100 %
We are looking for a Machine Learning NLP Engineer with a passion for working on medical problems that can help us create NLP tools in the medical field.
You will be someone who loves to code and build working systems. You are used to working in a research environment. You will have experience with the software development life cycle, from ideation through implementation to testing and release. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience in the NLP domain.
You will join a group of 3-4 NLP researchers in the Krauthammer Lab and will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple research teams at the Hospital University of Zurich and the University of Zurich. In this position, you'll be working at the heart of our NLP Team, helping us work on the automatic generation of medical reports from medical images and as well as helping to convert unstructured medical text to structured information.
Topic-wise, you will work 50% on radiology data (collaboration Department of Radiology USZ), and 50% on more general medical data contributing to a new medical research ecosystem called Biomedical Informatics Platform (BMIP, Collaboration the LOOP Zurich). You will also help us create high-quality, production-ready code and take ownership of production pipelines. This would include the following:
- Develop, maintain, and deploy Multimodal Multilingual NLP algorithms and models.
- Adapting "off-the-shelf" solutions for the purposes of our research projects.
- Contribute to a high-quality codebase, and develop tests where necessary.
- Collaborate with other research fellows.
- Pre-processing, post-processing, and annotation of data.
- Optimizing for deployment (web application) - turning prototypes into working solutions.
- Develop and train large multimodal AI models for pressing medical data
- Present and publish papers at conferences
- M.Sc. in a related field or equivalent experience
- At least +3 years of experience in computational sciences, including Machine Learning, computer sciences, Computational Linguistics, and/or other relevant fields.
- Expertise in large AI models, computational methods, data analysis, software and algorithm development, and modeling.
- Ability to do original and outstanding research in computational sciences and its relevant field.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment, in-person as well as via online channels.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to present research and other types of work, internally and externally
- Having excellent coding skills in Python and passionate about the software development side of things!
- Capable of building user-facing APIs that expose a range of NLP features as a service
- Having experience in using most modern frameworks for deep learning (PyTotch, Hugging Face) as well as for software development (Git, Linux) and GPU cluster (i.e., Slurm, Singularity).
What we offer
- a motivated and committed team that values mutual support, appreciation and respect
- an innovative, interdisciplinary, and highly specialized work environment
- access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- outstanding working conditions at the University of Zurich
Place of workZurich
Start of employmentEmployment start date to be mutually agreed.
Use the Apply Now button at the bottom of the below website:
Farhad Nooralahzadeh (firstname.lastname@example.org)